Learn some tips about QuickBooks Desktop with this course
- This course is a collection of 47 concise training videos
- Each training video is easy to follow and understand
- Learn some of the neat features QuickBooks offers
- Make your QuickBooks experience more efficient
A great skill at your fingertips
If you're new to QuickBooks, enroll in this course! QuickBooks is a great software with many, many options. These options can be utilized to make your QuickBooks experience more enjoyable, more efficient, and more productive. I created these training videos because in my experience, some new QuickBooks users don't know these options exist.
The ideal student for this course is anyone new to using QuickBooks Desktop software. Additionally, if you've used QuickBooks before, you might consider giving this course a look as it's free and contains some very valuable information (check out the topics below).
Content and Overview
This course is 100% video and features 4 main sections (Volume 1, 2, 3, & 4). See the topic lists below.
QuickBooks Tips Volume 1
1. Change the Color Scheme
2. Add Colored Icon Buttons
3. De-clutter the Top Icon Bar
4. Add or Remove the Transaction Beep
5. Add a Password
6. Change a Password
7. Add a Footer to a Report
8. Adjust Columns on the Open Invoice Report (Part 1)
9. Adjust Columns on the Open Invoice Report (Part 2)
10. Display Negative Numbers in Red Parentheses on a Report (Part 1)
11. Display Negative Numbers in Red Parentheses on a Report (Part 2)
QuickBooks Tips Volume 2
1. How to Add a New Customer
2. How to Add a New Vendor
3. How to Create an Estimate
4. How to Create an Invoice from an Estimate
5. How to Make an Estimate Inactive
6. How to Create and Memorize an Invoice
7. How to Create and Memorize a Check
8. How to Create and Memorize a Bill
9. How to Edit a Memorized Transaction
10. How to Remove Memorized Transactions
11. How to Create a Report for a Single Account (Part 1)
12. How to Create a Report for a Single Account (Part 2)
QuickBooks Tips Volume 3
1. How to Display the Open Window List
2. How to Print an Invoice
3. How to Print a Batch of Invoices
4. How to Remove the Paid Stamp from a Paid Invoice
5. How to Adjust Columns on a Quick Report (Part 1)
6. How to Adjust Columns on a Quick Report (Part 2)
7. How to Change the Bank Account for a Check
8. How to Set the Report Basis to Cash or Accrual
9. How to Merge Customer Records
10. How to Merge Vendor Records
11. How to put a Logo on an Invoice Template
12. How to Export & Import a Vendor List
QuickBooks Tips Volume 4
1. How to Select and Pay All Open Bills for One Vendor
2. How to Set a Vendor to be Eligible for a 1099
3. How to Set the Default Payment Terms for a Vendor
4. How to Set the Default Payment Terms for a Customer
5. How to Turn Spell Checker On / Off
6. How to Remove a Misspelled Word from the Dictionary
7. How to Print Multiple Reports at Once
8. How to Adjust Date Warnings
9. How to Organize Bank Accounts by Color
10. How to do Basic Math Functions
11. How to Create a Check Detail Report
12. How to Create a Sales Receipt
Short and sweet. Lots of good tips that can be used immediately. I especially like the advice about color coding as I have two businesses and always fear I’m’ doing work in the wrong account.
Scott explains things in detail. While he is explaining the tip, I have my QuickBooks open so that I can try it along with him. This is a great way to learn by example. Thanks Scott.
Excellent for beginners. Trainer did very good presenting this training.
Great Course. I have used QB for sometime but I learned several new things. Excellent course would recommend to anyone using QB.
The course was great! I use quick books now, but the course helped me learn how to use quick books more and it was easy to understand.
This was a very interesting course. I have taken many online courses, but few have been as easy to follow as this one. I like the way Scott showed each step as he was describing them. I look forward to taking more courses outlined by Scott!
Helpful and to the point! Easy to understand.
Easy to follow for students who learn either by reading/listening visually. Allows for replay, note taking and simulated application. Would recommend for anyone who needs a "Quick" introduction.
I help small businesses, accountants, bookkeepers, office managers, and business owners with their accounting needs. I teach folks on how to effectively use QuickBooks® and have used QuickBooks® since 2002. Additionally, I tutor students in accounting classes. Over the years, I came to realize that I really enjoy teaching; sharing knowledge with others with the hope that they learn and use the valuable information.
As a result, my wife and I formed our company (Simplified Management Solutions, Inc.) where we create video tutorials for software packages and provide accounting services. Our focus is high-quality training tutorials for QuickBooks®. We post our QuickBooks® video training courses on QBScott.com
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certified Bookkeeper (CB)
Advanced Certified ProAdvisor for QuickBooks® Desktop
Advanced Certified ProAdvisor for QuickBooks® Online
Other interests include: Spending time with my wife and our dogs, playing guitar/drums/bass, photography, and creating films/motion graphics.
- Clear and concise.
- Easy to follow.
- This course was helpful.
- Good short content.
- Thank you so much for your tip on using Quickbook.
- Very clear and easy to understand! Well presented!
- Thank you so much for creating it! You are a God-send!
- I like the way the narrator talks as he is clicking on each choice. Great!!!
- Very easy to follow!
- Really helping me get on my feet.
- Very good course.
- Manageable chunks of information, clearly and engagingly explained.
- Very informative.\
- Easy for non user.
- It was very clear and easy way for anyone to get the information. Thanks.
- The course was great and easy to flow, keep posting more videos.